Faridkot Postage Stamps and Faridkot Postal History
Faridkot State was a Princely state during the British Raj with its capital in Faridkot.
According to a 1901 census the state had a population of 124,912 and contained within 2 towns (Faridkot and Kotkapura) and 167 villages.
Faridkot had an area of 643 square miles.
Postage stamps were issued by the state independently from 1879 to January 1887. These stamps were only valid for postage within the state.
During this period there were eight very similar different stamps issued which are recongnised by catalogued.
On 1 January 1887 Faridot joined the convention with British India which allowed them to use stamps and postal stationery of India overprinted FARIDOT.
Faridkot ceased to use overprinted stamps from 1 April 1901. During this brief period a total of 17 stamps plus 15 official stamps were issued.